Monday, October 25, 2021

New Books - Gridded Naval Wargames and !Arriba Espana!

 A couple more wargaming books from Bob Cordery.

Gridded Naval Wargames

One for me to pursue ACW naval battles with, though I am also really interested in the unusual designs of the pre-dreadnaught era with the casement batteries and particularly the naval actions of the 1879 War of the Pacific. 

There are 6 sets of rules included in the book including 4 battle reports and a guide to making ACW ironclads using wood. There are also suggestions for expanding the rules for combined arms actions and including aircraft.


!Arriba Espana! including the Portable Spanish Civil Wargame

I already had the Arriba Espana rules from their original publication, but the modifications to the portable wargame which I now favour for this period were a good reason to get this. Hopefully this will get me going on putting my SCW collection to use. 

1 comment:

Robert (Bob) Cordery said...

I hope that you enjoy both books!

All the best,

Bob

/*