Sunday, September 20, 2015

Flintloque Halflings - Online Build September 15 Finished

And now the painting, varnishing and basing is done.

I enjoyed doing these as doing a simple conversion on one to give him sleeves helped make the group more individual and painting uniformed figures is so much easier than doing irregulars with different colours all over.

Now I need to get on and finish the other Flintloque figures that I have in progress - some Ottermen infantry, Goblin Dragoons on Dodos and civilians. After that I'll probably concentrate on my Frostgrave stuff in 28mm for a while. 

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Online Build September 2015- Flintloque Halflings part 3

And nearly done now, just final retouches, varnishing and basing to do.

Not the greatest photos as they are from my phone camera but still nice to to this as an exercise.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Painting Update 14 September

And I add another 31 20mm figures meaning I break the 100 miniatures completed this year barrier and nearly reach 100 20mm figures done too.

First up elements for Hordes of the Things with the Biblical armies. Heroes for the Philistines and Hebrews. Goliath and Sampson and Delilah, I know it should be David and Goliath but this reflects the Caesar packs though I could use a spare slinger for David. 

Hebrew Camp Followers and Warband bases

Hebrew 3 and 4 figure Auxilia bases for DBA

And another fantasy army for the lack of historical evidence - Trojan blades, spears and psiloi

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Online Build September 2015 part 2

Just the conversion featured in this post.

Undercoated showing the milliput is mainly hidden.

And with the paintwork started. I'm using a different shade of brown for the flesh on this figure and one other in the build.

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

First Online build - Flintloque Halflings

I've now decided to try and do my first online build inspired by Tony Harwood and the other more regular bloggers.

My subject is the Flintloque HEVC Halflings from Alternative Armies where I have a couple of packs which means I am also doing my first conversions of Flintloque figures in this build too. I have a number of figures that I won't try and do as part of this as I want to do more conversion but I have got one conversion as part of this.

I'd not got pictures of the figures before I undercoated them or started painting so I have to start with what I have. Apologies for the poor quality of the pictures but I was experimenting with using my phone camera.

The front view of the figures included:

Rear view

And the conversion - I'm trimming back the figure on the right and then will build up his sleeves so that he has a closed jacket and sleeves rather than the Mr T styled original.

And now with the arms built up with milliput and based on one of the new resin cartouche bases with a bit of milliput used to disguise the figures cast base.