Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gaming Podcast Review 20 The Vintage Gamer

The Vintage Gamer is a podcast about older games in a variety of genres including wargames, computer games and card games as well as boardgames.

Content
The presenter Jim Van Verth has an easy manner anc clearly explains the games being discussed. In addition to discusssion of the individual games there are interviews with game designers and publishers like Eric Goldberg and Greg Costikyan and these have been interesting. The games I've heard reviewed and discussed including playing tips were: Ace of Aces, Illuminati and Diplomacy and the Halloween special roundup edition.

Technical
The episodes that I listened to were clear and easy to hear the voice and audio on. Downloads via iTunes and direct from the website were easy and quick. The file size is reasonable for an MP3.

Overall
I enjoy this podcast, particularly the interviews with Eric Goldberg and Greg Costikyan and hope that Jim Van Verth will be able to continue with them despite other commitments. I will be fair in saying that I probably won't listen to every episode as I will tend to stick to games I know or am interested in getting, but I still recommend this podcast highly all the same.

No comments:

/*